Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bookoto's "Get Digi with Us" Shutterfly Prize

Yey! I can finally post it. :) This was my entry to Bookoto.com's  "Get Digi with Us" contest. Thank you so much to Julie, Sheryl and Ms. Renee Pearson for choosing my LO. I am grateful and humbled by it because ALL the layouts were truly amazing as well.  You can view all the awesome entries of these Pinay Scrappers at the Bookoto Gallery to see for yourself.  Congrats also to Kaje for winning the raffle!

here's an excerpt from their site:

The bookoto team and our special guest host, Renee Pearson have chosen the winning LO. 

Renee announces:
"I have looked at the contest entries. They’re all so terrific it was hard to make a choice! :D But we have chosen: Truly Amazed by Marites Tirol! Hugs, Renee"


here's my writeup and the designer credits:

"I love this photo of my little girl because I never want her to lose that sense of awe and wonder even when she grows older. I hope that she will always be amazed at everything she experiences and that she will not take even the everyday ordinary things for granted. "

"I drew my inspiration from the paper layouts of the Scrapbook Exchange ladies and tried to duplicate the "cutting with an X-acto knife" technique by extracting the design from the Tinkering Ink Victoria paper and then I layered it on top of the bg paper and the photo and applied shadows. I then applied glitter styles to the edges to simulate applying glitter IRL to the cutout."
Techniques : Extraction, Layers, Drop Shadows, Blending, Glitter Styles, Texturizer
Software: PSCS3
Materials Used: Tinkering Ink Digital - Covent Garden Collection: Victoria paper, Alphabets,
Michelle Coleman - Edge Overlay
Shabby Princess -harvest spice stamped floral frame
Fafbr - Ouhlalasouris -staples
Sylvia Unterweger - Fancy Flutters
Corina Nielsen - Safety pin hearts
Christina Renee - ATC floral vine stamp
Newlife's dreams - precious memories lace
KSK Designs - Summer spice stitching
Flergs - Glitter Style
Birgit - Button (recolored)
Heart Doodle - Dri Mendes De Bem (Recolored)
Font - Oceanside

Thank you BOOKOTO team!!!!

0 comments: